Last month, I had the pleasure of visiting Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC with a group of bloggers. Some of my fellow travelers, I’ve known for a while- in the blogosphere and in person. Others, I met for the first time! It was a wonderful time of food, fellowship, history and fun! I thought I’d share some of it for Top Ten Tuesday!
1. Toured the magnificent Estate of George Vanderbilt with awesome, incredible friends, who have 12-month passes.
2. Stayed at the Inn at Biltmore, quite possibly the nicest hotel room I will ever occupy in my lifetime. This was such an elegant room that I wanted to clean up every morning, just so the housekeepers wouldn’t think I was a slob. Seriously! And if you’ve seen my house, that’s saying something! There were chocolates on the pillows each night, and a real rose bud on the bathroom vanity. I got lost in the bed and did NOT want to come out in the morning! But despite the lush beauty of the room, the water and WiFi were both complimentary! Yes, finally, a luxury hotel without $4 water and $15 internet.
3. Tasted fabulous wine! The Biltmore Winery’s Wine Master Gerard has been there for many years, and had a thick French accent! It felt like we were in Europe for a moment! This is our first toast with Robin and Jean Sexton.
4. Ate… and ate… and ate… The restaurants on the Estate were beyond fabulous! I could taste the farm freshness of the food, and the culinary combinations were delightful without overpowering. From casual “light bites,” snacks and ice cream, to gourmet elegant dining, everybite I put in my mouth was amazing! (I am really not exaggerating!)
5. Met great friends, new and old. Pensive Robin, Alli Worthington and I were reunited after Blissdom in February, and had some fun moments. Robin and I were both there without our families (mine was there just the first day), so we pal-ed around together a lot. It was such a treat to spend some quality time with her! We thoroughly explored the hotel, including an appearance at the beautiful hot tub and pool. After dinner one night, we decided we MUST try out the fitness room… in our dresses and heels. It’s the only way to work out, you know!
TO BE CONTINUED….
Disclosure: The featured event was provided to me, at no cost, by the representing agency for the sole purpose of supplying my honest view of this event. No monetary compensation was received for reviewing or writing about this experience, and all opinions expressed are my own.