So you found a great sale on ground beef? Do you have some in your freezer, but you don’t want tacos or meatloaf any more? I have the perfect recipe for you! My husband and friends rave about this recipe, and it’s great for freezing, or providing meals for others. I learned this recipe from my dad, who is an amazing cook!
Salisbury Steak (8-10 servings, roughly $1.00 each)
2 lbs ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
3/4 cup bread crumbs or crushed crackers
2 TBSP Italian Seasoning (not essential)
1 TBSP garlic powder
a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
a few shakes of soy sauce
salt and pepper
1 packet of Brown Sauce or Mushroom Sauce mix
8 oz. shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, except sauce mix and cheese. Make sure you use your hands, and really work the other ingredients into the beef.
2. Form beef mixture into balls which fit into your rounded hand. About 3/4 cup each. Press into oval-shaped patties.
3. Brown the patties with a little Olive Oil in a skillet, then lay into a 9×13 in baking pan. You can overlap the patties slightly in order to fit them all.
4. Make the sauce according to the package directions, then pour it over the beef patties. sprinkle the cheese on top.
5. Bake into a preheated oven at 375 degrees, for about 30 minutes. If the cheese begins to turn brown, cover with foil.
Serve this dish over rice or egg noodles. This is a great dish to prepare double the amount, then freeze half for a quick weeknight meal.
You also might enjoy: