This recipe Works for Me when I need to put a dish together and bake it on a different day.
The day before the National Mom’s Night out, we got a package from Ragu, and a package from Unilever Foods, with some easy to fix items for the dads! That was really thoughtful, considering that we moms would be partying it up!
My hubby didn’t want to be on camera, even though I tried to get him to make this with the kids while I filmed (hee hee!) Because he can cook some serious dinners, y’all! So anyway, I wanted to share this recipe and how to make it fun with the kids, so I went ahead and did it!
Here’s the video, (which has some funny extras) and the recipe below:
- 3-5 Chicken Breasts
- One jar of spaghetti sauce
- Bread Crumbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning or herbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mozzerella Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Put the Chicken Breasts in a plastic bag, or cover with plastic wrap. Flatten the chicken a little with a meat tenderizer (or a metal spoon, or anything hard, if you don’t have one.)
- Mix together the Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper together in a bowl. Coat the chicken with the crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, and brown Chicken on both sides.
- Put into a 9×13 baking dish, and cover with sauce and mozzerella cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 30minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Sometimes I add a few vegetables in with the sauce, like mushrooms or green peppers. You can leave the unbaked dish in the fridge overnight and put it in the oven the next day for dinner! Also, you can freeze this before or after baking.
This post is part of Works For Me Wednesday. For more, go to We Are That Family