A couple of weeks ago (was it really that long?) We vacationed at Ocean Isle Inn. Jen from One Mom’s World, and Malise from Carolina Mama were there too! Friday night, Chele and Heather came over for a Twitter Party with Miss Lori, and later that week, Chele and Amy came over for a Live broadcast on MomTV! It was really one of the grandest weeks in recent memory! Good friends, Family (my mom, brother and nephews came, too), Beautiful Weather, Sand, Surf… and Coconut Shrimp!
Tracy Spencer, who does marketing and social media for Ocean Isle Inn (usually tweeting as @oceanisleinn) gave us the most incredible (and EASY) recipe for coconut grilled shrimp! We made it for a party the day after we got back, to rave review! And Amy loved it so mch, she made it again last week, too!
Easy Grilled Coconut Shrimp
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 can Cream of Coconut. (I’ve used Pina Colada mix)
- Wooden Skewers, soaked in water
- Fresh Pineapple Chunks
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Coconut Flakes
1. Soak the shrimp in Coconut Cream for 1-2 hours.
2.Place shrimp onto skewers. Add fresh pineapple chunks between shrimp, if desired.
3. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side with the grill cover open. Be careful not to over cook!
4. Sprinkle with Red Pepper Flakes or Fresh Coconut, if desired.
See? Easy. Yummy. Go make this.
Also: Want to make better home videos with the family, or video blogs? Jendi, from Simple Vlogging Tips will join me on my live MomTV.com show tonight! Watch the video stream, chat with us, share and learn! Visit this link at 8PM TONIGHT! (Wednesday) —-> http://www.momtv.com/get-real
Disclosure: Ocean Isle Inn is a Mom Squad Sponsor